June 20, 2023 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Healthy Snickers Bars
Introducing Homemade Healthy Snickers Bars, a delightful twist on the classic favorite. Featuring a soft nougat layer, a creamy caramel center, and a satisfying crunch of peanuts, these bars now come with an extra boost from guarana powder, a natural energy booster. Indulge in this no-bake treat that will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Freezer Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 10 min | Servings: 12 bars
Calories: 260 | Total Fat: 16g | Sugars: 17g | Fiber: 4g | Protein: 6g
For the Nougat Layer:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp organic guarana seed powder
- Pinch of salt
For the Caramel Layer:
- 12 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
For the Topping:
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the nougat layer.
- Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Press the nougat mixture into the bottom of the dish to form an even layer. Place it in the refrigerator to set.
- Combine the ingredients for the caramel layer in a food processor.
- Take the baking dish out of the refrigerator and press the caramel mixture on top of the nougat.
- Sprinkle the roasted peanuts on top, pressing them gently into the caramel.
- Pour the melted dark chocolate over the peanut layer, spreading it out evenly with a spatula.
- Place the dish back in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the bars to firm up completely.
- Once firm, remove from the refrigerator and cut into desired bar shapes. Enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Find more healthy treats ideas in our previous posts:
- Pink Bounty Bars
- Blue Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Raffaello Coconut Balls
- Chocolate Amaranth Crunch Bites