November 25, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
This classic vegan pumpkin pie is so creamy and rich! The filling can be made in a blender for a quick and easy fall dessert and the holidays!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 50 min | Total Time: 1 hour (+ 4-8 hours for chilling) | Servings: 8
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp non-dairy butter
- 2-3 tbsp ice water
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Start by making your pie crust. In a small bowl, combine the flour and salt. Cut the butter in small pieces and add to the dry ingredients. Using your hands or a pastry cutter, press the butter into the flour until the butter is evenly distributed.
- Add 1 tbsp ice water and mix. Add more water as necessary. You need a fairly dry dough but that has enough moisture to roll out and shape.
- When you have the right consistency, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. When the dough is firm, roll out onto a piece of floured parchment paper until your dough is about 1/8″ thick.
- Placing your hand underneath the parchment paper, gently flip the crust into the pie pan. Peel off the parchment paper and press the crust evenly into the pie pan, trimming any edges that hangover. Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a powerful blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients for the pumpkin pie filling. Blend until completely smooth. Pour the pumpkin pie filling into your pie crust, spread evenly with an offset spatula, and bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator to continue chilling. The pie should set for 4 hours but best overnight.
Serve with vegan whipped cream.