June 27, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Creamy Yellow Lentil Curry
This hearty yellow lentil curry, simmered in a creamy coconut sauce with fresh spices, garlic, and ginger, is a must-try!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 4
Calories: 235 | Total Fat: 5.9g | Fiber: 13.6g | Sugar: 3.1g | Protein: 12.6g
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups yellow split lentils, soaked overnight
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 1/3 cups light coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Boil water in a saucepan.
- Add lentils and bring them back to a boil. Then, simmer uncovered for 4-5 min. Drain and set aside; be careful not to overcook.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add coconut oil, onion, garlic, and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 min, stirring often.
- Add salt, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, and optional cayenne. Cook for another minute over low heat.
- Pour in coconut milk and coconut sugar, stirring to combine.
- Add the cooked lentils to the coconut sauce and cook over low heat for 3-4 min.
- Turn off the heat, add lemon juice, and stir. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker