September 08, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Creamy Coconut Mung Bean Stew
Enjoy a delicious and creamy Coconut Mung Bean Stew! It’s a comforting and hearty dish that’s so easy to make. Perfect for a satisfying meal.
Prep time: 15 min (+ soaking time 8 hours) | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 35 min | Servings: 4
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2-inches fresh ginger, minced
- 2 jalapeños, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup dried mung beans, soaked overnight
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime or lemon
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onion, minced garlic, chopped carrots, minced ginger, chopped jalapeños, and salt. Sauté for about 5 min until the vegetables soften.
- Drain and rinse the soaked mung beans. Add them to the pot along with vegetable broth and canned coconut milk.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20-25 min, or until the mung beans are tender and the stew has thickened to your liking.
- Stir in the chopped fresh cilantro and squeeze the juice of 1 lime or lemon into the stew.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning with more salt or lime/lemon juice if needed.
- Serve your creamy Coconut Mung Bean Stew hot and enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Making Thyme For Health