August 17, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Classic Raisin Bran Muffins
These Raisin Bran Muffins are made with whole wheat flour, wheat bran, and raisins for a sweet, healthy start to your day. A delicious source of fiber!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 12 muffins
- red wheat bran
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup Zante currant raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease it with baking spray.
- Cover the raisins with very hot or boiling water. Let stand for 10 min, then drain.
- Whisk the bran, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, oil, and coconut sugar together until smooth. Whisk in the buttermilk, then stir in the drained raisins.
- Add the egg mixture into the bran mixture and stir until it’s just combined.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 min.
- Let cool for 5 min then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best served warm with a little butter on top.