December 24, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Christmas Chocolate Orange Madeleines
Buttery rich chocolate French madeleines with a punch of citrus flavor! Dip them in white chocolate and add holiday sprinkles for the perfect Christmas treat!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 20 madeleines
Calories: 130 | Total Fat: 7 g | Cholesterol: 30 mg | Sodium: 15 mg | Sugar: 10 g | Protein: 1 g
For the madeleines:
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pastry flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp orange powder
For the chocolate glaze:
- 8 oz white chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and salt until well combined. Add vanilla and whisk again.
- Gradually whisk in the flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Then, gently fold in the melted, slightly cooled butter. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Stir in the orange powder. Spoon the batter into your buttered madeleine pan and bake for 8-10 min.
- Allow the madeleines to cool in the pan on a wire rack for a few minutes. Then, carefully remove them from the pan and let them cool further.
- For the ganache, melt white chocolate in a double boiler over medium-low heat. Dip each madeleine halfway into the chocolate and place them back on the wire rack. Sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to harden completely, and then you can enjoy your delicious treats!
- Store your madeleines in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
Find more Christmas recipes in our previous posts:
- Christmas Popcorn Balls
- Easy Reindeer Cupcakes
- Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar
This recipe adapted from Olive & Mango