December 24, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Christmas Chocolate Orange Madeleines
Buttery rich chocolate French madeleines with a punch of citrus flavor! Dip them in white chocolate and add holiday sprinkles for the perfect Christmas treat!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 20 madeleines
Calories: 130 | Total Fat: 7 g | Cholesterol: 30 mg | Sodium: 15 mg | Sugar: 10 g | Protein: 1 g
For the madeleines:
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup pastry flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 tbsp orange powder
For the chocolate glaze:
- 8 oz white chocolate
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a bowl using either a whisk or a mixer beat together the eggs, sugar and salt until well combined. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Whisk in the flour, cocoa and baking powder. Then whisk in the melted and slightly cooled butter. Stir until just combined, do not over mix.
- Finally stir in the orange powder. Then spoon the batter into your buttered madeleine pan and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan on a cooling rack for a few minutes before sliding them out of the pan and onto the rack or flipping them onto it. Allow to cool.
- To make the ganache, melt white chocolate in a double boiler over medium low heat. Dip each madeleine halfway into the chocolate, then set back on the wire rack. Sprinkle with sprinkles, then allow chocolate to harden completely and enjoy.
- Keep in an airtight container for 1-2 days.
Find more Christmas recipes in our previous posts:
- Christmas Popcorn Balls
- Easy Reindeer Cupcakes
- Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix in a Jar