October 26, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Halloween Orange Velvet Ghost Cupcakes
Boo! Make your Halloween a little spookier with these easy orange velvet ghost cupcakes with marshmallow frosting! The perfect treat for your party!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 12 cupcakes
For the Orange Velvet Cupcakes:
- ¼ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp orange gel food coloring
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ¼ cup sifted soft white wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp organic goldenberry powder
- ½ tbs white vinegar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the Marshmallow Frosting:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- Pinch of salt
- Black candy sprinkles (for eyes)
Orange Velvet Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F) and line 12 cupcake tins with paper cupcake cases.
- Beat together butter and sugar for 5 min.
- Add orange food coloring and egg and beat well.
- Add buttermilk, flour, salt, and goldenberry powder and mix well.
- Fold in vinegar.
- Add the bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake for 18 min until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in the tin for 10 min, then completely cool on wire rack.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar and salt until soft peaks form.
- Keep whisking, carefully pour the powdered sugar into egg whites.
- Continue beating the frosting until it is cool and billowy, roughly 5 min.
- Pipe frosting immediately on to orange velvet cupcakes with a piping bag.
- Use black candy sprinkles to create eyes on marshmallow frosting.