December 22, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies
Better hurry up and eat them! These cookies are melting away. Transform your favorite sugar cookies into a great Christmas craft in just a few minutes. It’s fun and easy to make with your kids.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 16 4-inch cookies
For the Sugar Cookies
- 2 cups sifted soft white wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
For the Icing
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- red, orange, and black gel food coloring
For the Decorating
- 16 marshmallows
- Mix granulated sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg in a large mixing bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Roll out into a ½ inch thick on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into circle shapes.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 5-7 minutes.
- To make a basic white icing mix all the ingredients except gel food coloring.
- Divide the icing into parts, and color some by adding a few drops of each food coloring.
- To make a melted “snow” spread white icing over cookies.
- Top with a marshmallow for the “head”. Push marshmallow into the icing to secure it.