March 08, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Caramelized Cacao Bean & Cashew Clusters
Enjoy these sweet and crunchy clusters made with caramelized cacao beans and cashews. They’re a delicious treat for whenever you want something sweet and satisfying.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Setting Time: 20 min | Total Time: 40 min | Servings: 12
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups cacao beans
- 1/2 cup cashews, lightly roasted
- 8 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Spread the cashews evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 min.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut sugar and water. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cacao beans and stir until they’re well coated, about 3 min.
- Transfer this mixture onto parchment paper to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler on low heat. Stir until it’s fully melted.
- Remove the melted chocolate from heat and mix in the roasted cashews and caramelized cacao beans. Make sure they’re well coated.
- Scoop out small portions onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a bit of sea salt on top and let them cool until they harden. You can speed this up by placing them in the refrigerator.
- Store your clusters in the fridge for up to 4 weeks. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Ava Jane Kitchen