March 08, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Caramelized Cacao Bean & Cashew Clusters
If you’re looking for a healthy, no-bake goodie, these Caramelized Cacao Bean & Cashew Clusters are absolutely perfect. Incredible tasty treats (which are also good for you) are easier to make than you may have realized.
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Setting Time: 20 min | Total Time: 40 min | Servings: 12
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cups cacao beans
- 1/2 cup cashews, lightly roasted
- 1 cup (8 oz) dark chocolate, chopped
- sea salt (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Spread cashews on a baking sheet into a single layer and bake for 5-7 min.
- Heat coconut sugar and water together in a saucepot until sugar dissolves.
- Add in cacao beans and stir to coat completely. Keep stirring for about 3 minutes until well coated.
- Transfer immediately to parchment paper and spread as much as desired. Let cool completely.
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate on low heat. Stir chocolate continuously until fully melted.
- Remove chocolate from heat and stir in roasted cashews and caramelized cacao beans. Mix thoroughly.
- Drop mixture in ½ tbsp portions (about 3-4 cashews and cacao beans per scoop) onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let set to harden (can put in the refrigerator to harden faster).
- Store clusters in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.