February 21, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Pan-Fried Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Shell
This is a super simple and speedy dish that just lets the shrimp shine! Plump and juicy shrimp packed with incredible flavors and ready in just 10 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 10 min
Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 12g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 25g
- 1 pound fresh jumbo shrimp, shell-on*
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp lemon powder
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, for garnish
- Thai Hom Mali Jasmine rice, for serving
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp, thoroughly.
- Combine salt, pepper, sweet paprika, and lemon powder. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes per side. Do not overcook.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over hot rice and garnish with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
The shells add a lot of flavor to the meat, and they protect it from quickly overcooking. But if you do choose to peel the shrimp before cooking, save the shells and freeze them to make seafood stock for chowders and stews.