June 09, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Extra Crispy Baked Onion Rings
If you love homestyle onion rings, this recipe is a must-try! These extra crispy baked onion rings are just as crunchy and delicious as the fried version. The recipe is surprisingly simple to make and never fails to satisfy.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 12 bites
Calories: 284 | Total Fat: 14g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Protein: 5g
- 1 large sweet onion
- olive oil spray
For the dry mix:
For the wet mix:
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
- Slice the onion into 3/4-inch wide rings and separate them.
- Dip each onion ring into the wet mix, then into the dry mix. Coat it well, and tap off excess.
- Place the coated rings on the baking tray.
- Spray the rings with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake for about 10 min, flip them over, and bake for an additional 5 min.
- Serve these crispy onion rings with your favorite dipping sauces or as a burger topping.
This recipe adapted from Food Network