September 20, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Crispy Baked Polenta Fries with Parmesan and Herbs
Crispy on the outside, with a creamy inside, this healthy baked Parmesan Polenta Fries recipe is the perfect comfort food snack. Dipped in homemade marinara sauce, they won’t last long!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 1 hour | Freezing Time: 30 min | Total Time: 1 hour 40 min | Servings: 4
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp dried Italian herbs (basil + oregano)
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 450 F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add salt and stir to dissolve it, then reduce the heat to medium.
- While whisking continuously, gradually pour the polenta into the water. Keep whisking until it starts to thicken, which should take about 2 min.
- Afterward, lower the heat to low, cover, and set a timer for 30 min. Be sure to whisk the polenta every 5 min or so to prevent it from sticking to the pot’s bottom.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the butter.
- Immediately transfer the cooked polenta into an 8×8-inch baking dish, spreading it evenly in the dish.
- Place the dish in the freezer for 30 min.
- After removing it from the freezer, cut the polenta into rectangular fry shapes and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and gently toss the polenta fries with your hands to coat them evenly.
- Then, add Parmesan and dried herbs to the mixing bowl and gently toss again to coat.
- Arrange the fries evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in your preheated oven for 30 min.
- Let the fries cool for a few minutes before removing them from the baking sheet. Enjoy them warm with a side of marinara sauce.
This recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker