May 19, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Tuscan Chickpea Flatbread
Cecina, Tuscan Chickpea Flour Flatbread recipe made of only a few ingredients: garbanzo bean flour, water, olive oil, and salt. A traditional authentic Italian recipe that makes a perfect snack. It’s nutritious, simple to make, and incredibly delicious. Gluten-free. Vegan
Prep Time:2 hours | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 2 hours 20 min | Servings: 4
- 160g organic garbanzo bean flour
- 400 ml water, at room temperature
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper (for topping)
- rosemary (for topping, optional)
- Put the garbanzo bean flour in a large bowl with a pinch of salt.
- Gradually add in the water while whisking to avoid any lumps.
- When the batter is smooth add half the olive oil. Stir, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for 2 hours (no need to refrigerate.)
- Once rested pre-heat the oven to 230C/450F.
- Add the rest of the oil to a non-stick 30 cm pizza tray and spread it with a brush.
- Pour the batter into the skillet until 5mm or 1/4 inch thick (it shouldn’t be any higher) and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top and crispy around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing it to a cutting board. Sprinkle with a freshly ground black pepper, coarse sea salt (if you like), and few rosemary sprigs (optional).
- Cut into slices. Eat while hot!