October 26, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Creamy Carrot and Ginger Soup
Easy carrot ginger soup made with all healthy ingredients, enriched with healing spices – ginger and turmeric. Low-fat and warming, this immune boosting soup makes a healthy lunch or dinner.
Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 35 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes | 4-6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb carrots peeled and chopped (baby carrots are also fine)
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 4 cups (950 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 cups coconut milk
- black sesame seeds
- lamb’s lettuce
- Begin by heating up a large pan to medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Add carrots, onion, garlic, turmeric, and ginger. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until carrots are nice and soft, about 30 minutes. Slowly stir in coconut milk.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. You can also use a regular blender and blend in batches.
- Add salt to taste. Serve with black sesame seeds and lamb’s lettuce.