July 01, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Cassava Flour Pizza Crust
A great way to create a quick gluten-free pizza crust. It’s chewy with crispy edges!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Rising Time: 1 hour | Total Time: 1 hour 25 min | Servings: 2 pizzas
- 2 cups organic cassava flour
- 1 tbsp active dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp organic golden ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt – Super Fine
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- your favorite pizza toppings
- Combine lukewarm water, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Let it stand for about 10 minutes until the top of the water is foamy.
- Add the cassava flour, ground flaxseed, garlic powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix well with a wooden spoon, or using the dough hook of your mixer.
- Knead your dough for about 10 minutes. You can either do this by hand or with a stand mixer if you have one. Once the flour is all mixed into the dough, watch it to see if you need to add a bit more flour.
- Once the dough is smooth, add a bit of oil to a large bowl and place the dough into the bowl. Roll the dough around to coat in oil. Cover with a damp kitchen towel or glass lid, all let rise until doubled in size – about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a baking pan.
- Once the dough has doubled, punch down, and divide into two balls.
- Liberally sprinkle your working surface with flour, and use a wooden rolling pin to roll the dough to the desired thinness.
- Transfer to baking pan and sprinkle with pizza sauce on top followed by whatever toppings you prefer – we used a homemade pesto as a base and sun-dried tomatoes, herbs, parsley, and Parmesan as a topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then slice and serve!