August 20, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Refreshing Blueberry Ginger Sorbet
The best blueberry sorbet that tastes like summer in a bowl, with no need for an ice cream maker!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 10 min (+8 hours for freezing) | Total Time: 8 hours 15 min | Servings: 4
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic ginger powder
- 1/3 tsp organic guar gum
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine fresh blueberries, honey, water, and a dash of ginger powder. Let them simmer for about 10 min until the blueberries become soft and start to release their flavors.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a bit before transferring it to a blender.
- Blend the blueberry mixture until it turns into a velvety puree.
- Now, add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the blender and a pinch of guar gum. Blend again until everything blends together smoothly.
- Pour your sorbet base into a heat-safe container.
- Cover it up and let it chill in the refrigerator until it’s thoroughly cold, which usually takes around 3-4 hours, but overnight is even better.
- Just before serving, take it out and allow it to sit on the counter for about 10 min. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from Love And Olive Oil