July 26, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Lemongrass Ginger Iced Tea
This Lemongrass Ginger Iced Tea comes with everything you love about ginger tea plus a pleasant fragrance from lemongrass. Super healthy, easy to make, and absolutely perfect for summer!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Chilling Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours 15 min | Servings: 2
Calories: 70 | Total Fat: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 1g
For making tea:
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 tsp dried lemongrass leaves
- 7 thin slices of fresh ginger
- a handful of mint leaves
- 1 tbsp maple syrup/agave syrup/honey
- 1 tsp lime juice
- lime and lemon wedges
- In a small saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add lemongrass leaves, ginger, and mint leaves.
- Cover the pot with a lid and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate until cold.
- Serve in glasses with lime juice, sweetener of your choice, and lots of ice.
- Garnish with lime wedges, lemon wedges, and mint leaves. Enjoy!