August 09, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Potato Cakes with Rice
These potato cakes are crispy and lovely from the outside, but super soft from the inside. Super easy to make!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 14 cakes
- 500 grams potatoes, mushed
- 200 grams basmati white rice, cooked
- 2onions, diced
- 2carrots, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped
- fresh dill, chopped
- 2tsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Boil peeled potatoes until soft, and mash them.
- Cook the rice.
- Saute onions and carrots until they’re soft.
- In a bowl combine the mashed potatoes with the cooked rice, sauteed carrots, and onions, parsley, dill and season with salt to taste. Divide the mixture into 14-16 portions and shape balls then flatten into cakes using your hands.
- Fry in vegetable oil until the cakes are golden and crispy (the mixture will be very soft so be careful not to break the cakes while frying). Serve hot.