October 29, 2023 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Celebrate Halloween with a healthy twist! Our Frankenstein Smoothie is a fun and nutritious way to add some spooky flair to your morning!
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Total Time: 10 min | Servings: 2
Calories: 336 | Total Fat: 12g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 22g | Protein: 13g
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs, for decorating
- Dark chocolate chips, for decorating
- In a blender, combine the almond milk, frozen mango, frozen banana, fresh spinach, chia seeds, and wheatgrass powder.
- Blend until smooth and the mixture turns into a vibrant green color.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt a small handful of dark chocolate chips in the microwave in 15-20 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth.
- Use the melted dark chocolate to decorate the outside of your glass.
- Create Frankenstein’s face by drawing the features with a permanent marker.
- Pour the green smoothie into your decorated glass.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on top. Enjoy your Frankenstein Smoothie! Happy Halloween!
To make your Frankenstein smoothie even greener, you can add a bit of green superfood powder like wheatgrass, kale, or matcha. It not only boosts the color but also adds extra nutrition. Just play around with the amount until it’s as green as you like.