December 21, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Easy Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe (+ Free Printable Gift Tag)
Gift these festive hot chocolate bombs to your family and friends! Place in a mug, pour on hot milk, give it a quick stir and you’ll have a cozy warm cup of chocolatey goodness.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Chill Time: 20 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 3 bombs
Calories: 278 | Total Fat: 7 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 19 g | Protein: 2 g
- 12 ounces high-quality semi-sweet chocolate bars
- 3 tbsp hot chocolate mix (You can use a store-bought or you can make homemade hot chocolate mix)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- Holiday pops sprinkles
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- Drop 1 tbsp melted chocolate into each cavity of the silicone half-sphere mold. Using the back of a spoon, push the chocolate up the sides until the entire mold is covered with a layer of chocolate.
- Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate is completely hardened, about 20 min.
- Carefully remove the chocolate from the molds.
- Place 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tsp dark chocolate chips, 1 tsp white chocolate chips, and 1 tbsp mini marshmallows into each half of the wells.
- Place the empty half of each sphere, open side down, onto the plate for just a couple of seconds to melt the rim. Quickly press the melted rim against the rim of the other half to seal the sphere together.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate chips, sprinkle with cacao nibs, holiday sprinkles, candies, or really whatever you want to make your hot chocolate bombs pretty!
- Add the bomb to a 5×7 cello bag or treat bag. Seal, add ribbon and gift tag (click on the link below to get a free printable gift tag).
- Place the bomb in an empty mug. Pour over a cup of hot milk. Top with additional marshmallows or other toppings if desired. Enjoy!
- Store hot chocolate bombs in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.