April 18, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
This cauliflower quesadilla is a healthier twist on the classic. It’s bursting with Mexican-inspired flavors while making the most of cauliflower’s goodness.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes | 4 Servings
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp brown flax seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt, to taste
- 2 large tortillas
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Begin by roasting the cauliflower. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Toss the cauliflower pieces in olive oil, garlic powder, red pepper, tomato sauce, black pepper, and a pinch of salt. Roast them on a baking sheet for about 20 min or until they turn golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegan cream cheese with flax seeds and sesame seeds. This will be your creamy spread.
- Once the cauliflower is done roasting, take it out of the oven.
- To assemble your quesadillas, lay out one tortilla and spread half of the creamy mixture evenly over it.
- Add half of the roasted cauliflower and red onions on top.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped parsley over the veggies.
- Place the second tortilla on top, creating a quesadilla sandwich.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Carefully transfer the quesadilla to the skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side until it’s crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and let it cool slightly before slicing into wedges.
- Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients to make the second quesadilla.
- Serve your cauliflower quesadillas warm and enjoy!
This recipe slightly adapted from This Savory Vegan