April 18, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
This quesadilla is made healthy with cauliflower as filling. Cauliflower quesadillas are well-seasoned with spices to give out the Mexican gastronomy feel with great health benefits to it. Cauliflowers are a nutrient-dense vegetable that can reduce inflammation and protects the heart. This recipe is simple, easy to make and yummy to the taste.
Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 30 minutes | Total Time 40 minutes | 4 Servings
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp brown flax seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- 2 large tortillas
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl combine cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder, red pepper, black pepper, and tomato sauce.
- Stir to combine. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway. Increase heat to broil and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cauliflower begins to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the desired amount of cream cheese on half of a tortilla. Top the flax and sesame seeds, red onion slices, cauliflower, and parsley.
- Close the tortilla and fry on the grill, 2-3 minutes per side.