July 20, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Pan-Seared Wax Beans with Black Sesame
Delight your taste buds with these Pan-Seared Wax Beans featuring the rich, nutty flavor of black sesame seeds. This quick and easy dish is a fantastic way to elevate your vegetable side game with a touch of Asian-inspired flair.
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 4
- 1 lb yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- sea salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a generous pinch of salt and the wax beans. Boil for 5 min, then drain and immediately transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain once more.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for about 2 min until it turns a light golden brown and becomes fragrant. Be cautious not to let it become too dark, as this can make it bitter.
- Add the blanched wax beans to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for about 3 min. The beans should just start to turn a deeper color and become crisp-tender.
- Stir in half of the sesame seeds and cook for approximately 1 min until they are toasted.
- Add the chili paste and soy sauce, ensuring the beans are well coated.
- Transfer the cooked beans to a serving platter, sprinkle the remaining sesame seeds on top, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
This recipe adapted from The Seaman Mom