February 04, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Valentine’s Day Meringue Kisses
If you’re looking for an easy treat to give your friends or loved ones for Valentine’s Day – well, look no further than these meringue kisses! They are crisp, sweet, & light as a cloud!
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours 20 min | Servings: 50 meringue kisses
Calories: 17 | Total Fat: 0g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3.7g | Protein: 0.2g
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 180g superfine sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp organic pomegranate powder
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Place the egg whites in a large, clean mixing bowl, and add the cream of tartar.
- Whip the whites on medium speed until foamy and just beginning to turn white.
- While continuing to whip, add in the sugar very slowly (about 1 tsp at a time).
- Stir in the pomegranate powder.
- Turn the mixer up to high speed and whip until the meringue is glossy and very stiff.
- Transfer the meringue to a clean piping bag fitted with a star tip, and pipe 1-inch diameter kisses onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meringues in the warm oven for 2 hours, or until light and crisp (do not brown).
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
This recipe can be used with other varieties of superfood powders, like cherry, raspberry, and red dragon fruit powders.