February 04, 2022 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Valentine’s Day Meringue Kisses
If you want a simple treat to share with friends or loved ones on Valentine’s Day, these meringue kisses are the perfect choice! They’re crispy, sweet, and as light as air!
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 2 hours | Total Time: 2 hours 20 min | Servings: 50 meringue kisses
Calories: 17 | Total Fat: 0g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 3.7g | Protein: 0.2g
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 180g superfine sugar
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp organic pomegranate powder
- Preheat your oven to 200°F.
- Take a large, clean mixing bowl and place the egg whites in it. Add the cream of tartar.
- Whip the egg whites on medium speed until they become foamy and just start turning white.
- While continuing to whip, gradually add the sugar (about 1 tsp at a time).
- Stir in the pomegranate powder.
- Increase the mixer speed to high and continue whipping until the meringue is glossy and forms stiff peaks.
- Transfer the meringue into a clean piping bag fitted with a star tip. Use it to pipe 1-inch diameter kisses onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the meringues in the preheated oven for about 2 hours, or until they become light and crisp (make sure not to let them brown).
- Allow the meringues to cool, and store them in an airtight container.
This recipe inspired by Suncorefoods