August 10, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Soft & Chewy Amaretti Cookies
These amaretti cookies are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. Made with unblanched almond flour, these simple cookies are a perfect treat any time of the year.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 35 min | Servings: 16 cookies
- 2 cups unblanched almond flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Add in the lemon juice and almond extract. Continue beating the mixture until medium-stiff peaks.
- Stir in your dry ingredients until combined. Scoop out the cookie dough and roll into 1″ balls.
- Roll the balls in powdered sugar until well coated. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 min or until the tops are cracked and the bottoms just start to brown. Let cool for 5 min on the baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.