June 16, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Easy Homemade Pine Nuts Arugula Pesto
A homemade bright and peppery arugula pesto, balanced with olive oil and toasty pine nuts. Ready in 10 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 10 min | Servings: 4
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Heat a small frying pan on low heat.
- Add in the pine nuts and cook until golden for about 3-4 minutes. Keep shaking the frying pan every couple of seconds to prevent the nuts from over-coloring and burning.
- Place the arugula and olive oil into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add the garlic, roasted pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice and pulse several times more.
- Stir in salt and freshly ground black pepper, add more to taste.
- Toss with pasta for a quick sauce, dollop over baked potatoes, or spread onto crackers or toasted slices of bread.
- Transfer to a jar and keep refrigerated for up to 7 days.