INGREDIENTS: Poppy Seeds
Country of Origin: Australia
Packaged in a facility that also processes tree nuts and wheat
Storage Time: up to 24 months
Store seeds in a cool, dry, dark place, in an airtight container
Poppy Seeds (Australia)
$3.14 – $10.49 lb
- — Country of Origin: Australia
- — Lower “bad” (LDL) cholesterol
- — Help prevent vitamin deficiencies
- — A rich source of essential minerals
- — Kosher
When people hear of poppy seeds, the first thought that usually occurs to them is the delicious pastry coated in these black seeds. Little do they know that these tiny seeds are a wonderful source of nutritive elements, like food fiber and minerals, that help your body grow and remain strong and healthy. In our store, you can buy poppy seeds from Australia, one of its top exporters.
The health benefits hidden in poppy seeds shouldn’t be underestimated. They can both support your health and protect you from many serious health problems such as:
The fatty acids contained in the seeds in large amounts along with food fiber are considered to be a good preventive for cardiovascular diseases due to the fact that they lower high blood pressure and “bad” cholesterol levels, known as one of the key reasons of serious heart problems. Moreover, omega-3 fats, which are present in them, are also good for your heart.
Kalium in poppy seeds assists in reducing stone formation in the urinary tract by decreasing the absorption of calcium which is responsible for a certain type of these stones.
Many people have digestive disorders because they don’t have a well-balanced diet. Food fibers can relieve this condition and serve as a remedy to make your stool regular.
Poppy seeds are a great source of calcium which is known to play a vital role in keeping your bones strong. However, calcium alone is not enough. In fact, it takes a certain amount of phosphorus to support your skeleton as around 50% of our bones consist of phosphate.
- Immune system.
Poppy seeds are a great way to improve your body’s defense system because they have a large amount of zinc promoting the production of cells that fight bacteria and iron enriching your blood with oxygen.
If you have trouble falling asleep, poppy seeds can have the relaxing effect you need and help you go back to your usual sleeping regime.
- Skin inflammations.
A paste from poppy seeds mixed with lime juice can help you if you have a rash or itchy skin. Poppy seeds boast anti-irritant properties; that’s why they can help you get rid of these unpleasant symptoms.
Do you want to buy our products with discount?
We send discount coupons for every holidays
Recommended postsNot available POST
Lemon Poppy Seed Smoothie
- 1 medium – sized banana
- juice from ½ a lemon + 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Butter
- 3 large dates, chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- small pinch of fine sea salt
- a couple of ice cubes
Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and whirl away until smooth. Taste test and add more lemon or sweetener if necessary.
Recipe Source: http://amp.gs/BSWI
Lemon Poppy seed Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- ⅔ cup plus 2 tablespoons (158 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup lemon juice, from about 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 cups (360 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (31 grams) poppyseeds
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or with a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until well combined and lighter in color, about 3 minutes. Be careful not to overbeat. Add the egg, lemon juice and vanilla powder and mix until incorporated.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix just until combined.
- Refrigerate until cold or freeze for later use.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Once chilled, roll the dough to ⅛ inch thick Use a cookie cutter or glass to cut 3-ish inch rounds and place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges of the cookies are golden brown. Store in an air-tight container for 3-5 days.
Recipe adapted from Tiffany: http://ohhoneybakes.com/1723-2/