Organic Pumpkin Seeds
Showing all 4 results
Pumpkin seeds are great for your nervous system and general health. Buy our premium quality pumpkin seeds online for an affordable price.
Delicious Healthy Pumpkin SeedsIf you are looking for a healthy and delicious snack you can enjoy at all times, premium quality pumpkin seeds from Food to Live are the best choice. The benefits offered by them are too numerous to count and they taste amazing.
Why Are Pumpkin Seeds Good for YouLike any other seeds, pumpkin kernels are packed with nutrients, so eating them is great for your health by default. However, these particular seeds possess some unique properties you should know about.
- They reduce anxiety. If you are stressed and prone to bouts of anxiety or other neurotic conditions, pumpkin seeds will help you alleviate these problems. They contain glutamate, which is an essential ingredient in the process of gamma-amino butyric acid (CABA) synthesis. This acid is a neurochemical that reduces nervous irritability and other associated conditions.
- They help you sleep well. Another component of these seeds that improves your nervous system function is tryptophan. Your body converts this element into niacin and serotonin. The latter is also known as the “nature’s sleeping pill” for its ability to relax your mind into a deep, restful sleep. Niacin is one of the B vitamins that enhance the transmittance of the signals from the nervous endings to your brain.
- They reduce the risk of infections. These seeds are second only to pine nuts in their content of manganese. 3.5 oz of the seeds will provide you with a double daily dose of this essential mineral that is an important co-factor for superoxide dismutase. This enzyme increases your resistance to infections, as well as protects you from the harmful effects of oxidation.
How to Eat Pumpkin SeedsPumpkin seeds from Food to Live are packed fresh and can be eaten right out of the bag. They are delicious on their own, but you can also flavor them to suit your personal taste. Sprinkle the kernels with olive oil and spices. Then, put them in the oven (heated to about 356 degrees Fahrenheit) for about 10 minutes, and you will get an incredible treat your family and friends would enjoy. Here are a few more culinary tips for serving these amazing seeds:
- Add them to granolas. Granolas are healthy and delicious, and adding pumpkin seeds will enhance both these qualities.
- Use for baked goods. Mixing the seeds into the dough or sprinkling them over breads and cookies will make your baked masterpiece more flavorful and introduce a pleasant crunch.
- Combine with rice. The rich flavor of the seeds enriches the taste of rice, creating a delightful combination that will impress your guests.