There are two major concerns about switching children to a vegan diet. One is that kids won’t get enough nutrition, and the other is that they won’t like eating veggies all the time. However, both these issues can be easily resolves as it has been proven that a well-balanced vegan diet is 100% safe for children. There are also a multitude of health nutritious meals that kids are sure to love.
Here are our favorite delicious recipe ideas for vegan parents:
Protein Power Balls
- ½ cup coconut flour • ½ cup pumpkin seeds • 1/3 cup help seeds
- 1 ½ cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 2-3 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Process all the seeds in a food processor until they all get crumbly.
- Add dates and process a bit more (lightly as the mass shouldn’t be too smooth).
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix, and form delicious power balls packed with healthy proteins.
- 2 ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 12 oz. (1 pack) extra-firm organic tofu
- Cut the tofu into squares (about 20-24 slices).
- Stir together maple syrup, vinegar, and tamari.
- Pour the mix in a baking dish and add tofu carefully coating each piece.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 375°F. Turn once.
- Use your tasty marinated tofu in a variety of healthy nutritious meals, such as salads, sandwiches, and cereals.
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 1 cup soy or almond milk (plain or chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1.2 cup pitted dates
- 1 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- Mix all ingredients except coconut in a blender and process until the mass becomes pudding-like.
- Transfer your pudding to a dish and mix with coconut.
- Eat with your kids and enjoy a healthy mix of proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Chickpea Veggie Burgers
- 2 sweet potatoes (medium)
- 1 can cooked chickpeas (8.5 oz.)
- ½ teaspoon Cajun spice mix
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs (your favorites)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sweet potato. You can either bake it or cook in the microwave. If you choose the latter, you’ll need to put them on a piece of kitchen paper and pierce each several times so they don’t ‘blow up’ in your microwave. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Mash the chickpeas and add the flesh from cooked sweet potatoes. Mix both ingredients together adding Cajun and other spices and seasonings.
- Form patties and put them in a freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F. Put the patties on an oiled baking tray and bake for 25 minutes. Turn once.
- Make your burgers adding any other ingredients your family enjoys. Due to its versatility, this recipe can produce many healthy nutritious meals for your kids.
Do you have a party coming up? Make your children happy with our fantastic vegan cake recipes.