January 13, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Winter Pomegranate Salad with Candied Red Walnuts
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min | Servings: 4
- 1 cup red walnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- Coarse Mediterranean sea salt
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the red walnuts with the maple syrup, cinnamon, crushed red pepper, and salt. Bake for 10-15minutes, stirring twice throughout cooking, until the walnuts are toasted. Remove from the oven and spread the walnuts in one layer.
- Add the greens to a large salad bowl. Add the pomegranate seeds, oranges, cranberries, and walnuts. Gently toss the salad.
- To make the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a glass jar and shake to combine. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Enjoy!