April 19, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Vegan Carrot Cake
You’re in for a treat with this delicious layered Vegan Carrot Cake topped with an amazing Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting. Every bite is dreamy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes | Servings: 9
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups walnuts
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped carrots
Easy Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8-ounce container vegan cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Additional walnuts for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray two round cake pans with vegetable spray. You can also place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pans and spray the sides with vegetable oil.
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla powder, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place walnuts on a baking pan and toast for 5 minutes. Be careful not to cook too long because they will burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before chopping. Stir half of the walnuts into the flour mixture.
- In a smaller bowl combine the vegetable oil, water, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Add the chopped carrots to a food processor and pulse several times to shred the carrots. Pour the shredded carrots into the vegetable oil mixture. Stir to combine. Pour this into the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Allow the cakes to cool completely.
- In the meantime make your Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting by combining the vegan cream cheese and vegan butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until you reach the desired consistency, which should be spreadable but thick.
- Ice the top of one of the cakes. Top with additional chopped, toasted walnuts. Place the second cake on top. Cover the top cake and sides with frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts