Top 3 Shredded Coconut Cookies Recipes to Try with Kids
Cooking with kids is always a pleasure, and making these shredded coconut cookies will be even more fun. The reason is that you’ll be able to not only enjoy bonding but also teach your children the value of healthy food. As most recipe can be adapted, make sure to experiment with ingredients to make the task more exciting.
3 Simple Shredded Coconut Cookies Recipes
Shredded Coconut + Pistachio Cookies
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup pistachios
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- A pinch of salt
- Grind shredded coconut further in a blender or a food processor to make it as fine as possible.
- Add pistachios and blend into flour. The substance will be more of a paste due to the natural oils from coconut and nuts.
- Combine the nutty substance with the rest of the ingredients. Mix with your hands.
- Form cookies using silicon molds or simply make small balls. You can add a bit more agave syrup if the substance is too dry to stick properly.
- Put your shredded coconut cookies into the fridge for about an hour. You can sprinkle them with chopped nuts, seeds, or more coconut.
These cookies are tasty and very good for the heart. They contain ‘good’ fats and you can make them more special by adding some mesquite and/or cacao powder.
Shredded Coconut Macaroons
- 3 cups organic shredded coconut
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toast your shredded coconut for 3-5 minutes to enhance its flavor.
- Whisk together egg whites and sugar. Use a blender or mixer for a better result and so that your arm doesn’t get too tired.
- Add salt and vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Mix together whipped egg whites and shredded coconut.
- Shape macaroons and bake them on a sheet covered with oiled parchment. They will take about 20 minutes to bake.
- Let the macaroons cool for no less than 5 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet.
Macaroons might not be shredded coconut cookies exactly, but your kids will love them. These sweet and light treats will make a fantastic dessert or a treat for friends.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 raw banana
- ½ cup organic shredded coconut
- 2 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cloves (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Pulse shredded coconut in a high-power blender or food processor.
- Add spices and pulse some more.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup. Then, pulse again.
- Add pumpkin chunks and blend until combined. You can pulse pumpkin separately at first.
- Add banana last and process the mix again.
- Bake these shredded coconut cookies for about 30 minutes. Keep the temperature at 350F or a bit lower.
These cookies are best for autumn or any cold days when the smell of pumpkin spice will warm up your soul. Health benefits of coconut combined with pumpkin are astounding, so it’s one of the healthiest kid treats.