July 20, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Seared Wax Beans with Black Sesame Seeds
A hearty, healthy and delicious dish, this easy yellow beans recipe with garlic is so flavorful and tasty, it will please the palates of your guests at any occasion!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 15 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 4
- 1 lb (450 g) yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chili paste
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- sea salt
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Generously salt the water, add the wax beans and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain the beans and transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking, then drain again.
- In a large frypan or wok over high heat, warm the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until light golden brown and fragrant, about 2 minutes. (Be careful not to let the garlic turn dark brown off it will turn bitter.)
- Add the blanched wax beans to the pan cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are just beginning to darken in color and are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add half of the sesame seeds and cook, stirring, until toasted, about 1 minute.
- Add the chili paste and soy sauce and stir to coat.
- Transfer the beans to a serving platter, sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and serve immediately