September 20, 2019 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Red Quinoa Pilaf with Spinach and Corn
This quinoa and spinach pilaf makes a great everyday dish.
Prep time: 5 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 35 min | Servings: 4
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 3 cups prepared vegetable broth or 3 cups water
- 8 oz of spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz of canned corn
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine the quinoa with 3 cups broth in a medium saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer, then cover and simmer gently until the broth is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet or stir-fry pan. Add the garlic and sauté over low heat until golden.
- Add the bell pepper and stir together about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including cooked quinoa and stir frequently for 5 to 10 minutes longer. Transfer to a serving container and serve at once, sprinkled with lemon juice or cover until needed.