December 01, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Quick Refrigerator Dill Pickles
Step-by-step guide for making quick and delicious pickled cucumbers. They’re so easy to make without all the hassle of canning, and these pickles taste so much better than the store-bought variety!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 5 min (+1 hour for refrigeration) | Total Time: 1 hour 10 min | Servings: 1 jar
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp black or yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp dill seeds
- 1 ½ cups white distilled vinegar
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- Add cucumber slices to a mason jar in a vertical orientation along with coriander, mustard, and dill seeds. Set aside.
- To a small saucepan add distilled white vinegar, sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir to fully dissolve salt and sugar.
- Let the brine cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour. Once cooled, pour the brine over the cucumbers until your glass container is full. Ensure the cucumbers are fully submerged. If needed, add more vinegar or a little water to cover.
- Seal well and shake to combine. Then refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The flavors will deepen and intensify the longer it marinates. The best flavor is achieved after 24 hours.