July 12, 2017 · Written by Foodtolive Team
No Bake Apricot Tarts
- 1 cup almond or cashew meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 10 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 30 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup crust mixture
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- Begin by prepping the crust. Place 10 dried apricots in a medium-size food processor, and process until finely chopped. Then, add in coconut oil and almond butter and process again. Finally, add in 1 cup of almond meal and 1 cup of oat flour and pulse until combined. You’ll want the mixture to be crumbly instead of doughy. Place mixture into a medium size bowl. Before you make your filling, remove about ½ cup of the crust mixture (for the topping) and set aside.
- To make the filling, place about 30 dried apricots into your food processor and process until they are finely chopped. Then, add in about ¼ cup of water and process until the mixture is paste-like and completely combined.
- There are many ways to assemble your raw tarts. You can use an 8×8-inch pan, a mini cupcake tin, special tartlet holders, etc.
- To assemble, make sure what ever surface you are using is lightly prepped with non-stick cooking spray (or lined with silicon liners). Then, use your fingers to press crust mixture into your surface about ½ inch thick.
- Spoon in apricot mixture, and use your spoon to press firmly on top of crust (1/2-inch thick).
- Finally, prep crumble topping by adding about 1 tablespoon of your favorite sugar (I used coconut sugar). Sprinkle on crumble topping and lightly press into apricot mixture.
- Place tarts into freezer for about an hour or the refrigerator for about 3 hours in order to firm up!
Recipe source: http://fitfoodiefinds.com