November 23, 2018 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Mandarin Orange Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts
A great holiday entertaining salad — mandarin orange, cranberries, and walnuts all covered in a delicious orange, lemon and dijon mustard dressing.
- 5 oz organic mix of radicchio, green lettuce, and kale (or spinach, arugula, etc.)
- 2-3 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup oil (preferably flavorless like grapeseed or safflower)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange mixed greens in a large salad bowl. Top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk very well until the vinaigrette is combined.