February 24, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Kaniwa Breakfast Bowl
A nourishing breakfast bowl to kickstart the day! Delicious fluffy kaniwa with cinnamon, maple syrup, and more delicious toppings! It’s loaded with fiber, protein and ready in just 20 minutes.
Prep Time: 0 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 20 min | Servings: 2
- 1 cup raw kaniwa seeds, rinsed
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Place rinsed kaniwa, milk, and cinnamon in a large saucepan or dutch oven and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, place a lid on the saucepan and simmer for 20-25 minutes. If the mixture starts bubbling too much, place the lid ajar and cook that way. You’ll know it’s done once the kaniwa is soft and has absorbed most of the milk. At this time, you should remove it from the heat.
- Stir in coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with chia seeds, almonds, berries, and maybe a little extra milk over top.