October 06, 2017 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Energy Bites With Dried Blueberries
- 1 ½ cups cashews
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut + additional for rolling
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- ¾ cup medjool dates, pitted & roughly chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest + additional for rolling
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
Sponsored by Food to live
1. In a food processor blend cashews and shredded coconut until they become a coarse meal.
2. Add blueberries, dates, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Process until the mixture forms a rough dough that can easily hold together when pinched between your fingers.
3. Taste test and add more lemon juice if necessary.
4. Roll into small (1- 1 ½ inch) balls. Roll the balls into additional coconut and lemon zest. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe Source: http://amp.gs/lxF6