January 20, 2021 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Chai Spiced Oat & Quinoa Flour Muffins
These healthy oat and quinoa flour muffins, flavored with chai spices are the perfect breakfast option, a snack to have on the go, or dessert to treat yourself with.
Dairy and refined sugar-free!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 3 tbsp water)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup organic oat flour
- 2/3 cup organic quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp organic ground ginger
- 2 tsp organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan fine pink salt
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (melted) for glaze
- blanched sliced almonds for topping
- Heat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set it aside.
- Combine the flax and water and set aside to gel while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat together applesauce, milk, and syrup. Whisk in flax egg.
- Add the dry ingredients directly into the bowl with the wet and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Fill each cup 3/4 of the way full and let rest for 5 min before baking.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 min.
- Cool in the pan for 2 min, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Drizzle on coconut butter, sprinkle with sliced almonds, and enjoy!