August 20, 2020 · Written by Foodtolive Team
Blueberry Ginger Sorbet
The best blueberry sorbet that tastes like summer in a bowl, with no need for an ice cream maker!
Prep Time: 5 min | Cook Time: 20 min (+8 hours for freezing) | Total Time: 8 hours 25 min | Servings: 4
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp organic ginger powder
- 1/3 tsp organic guar gum
- Combine blueberries, honey, water, and ginger powder in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 10 minutes or until berries are softened and starting to burst.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a blender (let the mixture cool slightly before blending).
- Blend the blueberry mixture until smooth.
- Then add to blender lemon juice and guar gum and puree until incorporated.
- Transfer sorbet base to a heat-safe container.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3-4 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Allow to sit out on the counter about 10 minutes prior to serving.